Backup blog for when I make scammers and spammers angry and they DDoS my personal website. If you can read this, somebody is pissed off at me.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The DDoS Limbo

If you're reading this, it's because my website is down. Again.

For the third time in as many weeks, my personal blog, www.darelparker.com, has been hit with a distributed denial of service attack. Not "affected by", but directly targeted.

I know this because it's the only website at the IP address that was attacked. Three weeks ago, it had a different IP address which was - you guessed it - also attacked.

Not much controversy on my website, but I have noticed that as of late, I've been getting a bunch of traffic for an article I wrote, critical of an apparent DNS hijacking scheme, the source of which no one seems able to identify.

To be sure, the colocation facility has verified this to be a DDoS and not a Slashdotting or Digg, so I'm wondering WTF is going on. Did I piss somebody off?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home